ECC SpringfieldJob Openings
Music Ministries Leader
Welcome to ECC Springfield! We are blessed that you’ve taken time to learn more about us. At ECC Springfield there are meaningful rewards and challenges for a new Music Ministries Leader. Our body of believers supports ministry for all ages and levels of spiritual growth. God has blessed this church with musicians and worship opportunities spanning a wide array of musical styles.
Who are we? Our congregation of approximately 200 on Sunday mornings has a rich history of serving the Lord and sharing the love of Jesus with our community for 130 years. ECC is a multigenerational, increasingly diverse congregation that desires to study God’s Word, walk closer with him, and engage in joyful, infectious worship!
ECC Springfield is at an amazing place in its life. Having recently undergone changes in the staff of our music ministry, we await a new leader who has a heart for God and loves to make music creatively and collaboratively. We’re excited to embrace contemporary worship while retaining our heritage of singing “Psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs” (Eph. 5: 14). We desire to grow together in the love of Jesus, glorifying Him in passionate worship while inviting others in our community to join us.
Peace and Blessings in Jesus,
The Evangelical Covenant Church of Springfield, MA
The Music Ministries Leader will develop, coordinate, and administer an effective, well-rounded music program while providing leadership for those involved in this ministry. We envision this to be a 20 to 30-hour position based on the gifts and abilities of the candidate.
- Integrates music seamlessly into worship services and special church events.
- Coordinates and lead rehearsals.
- Participates in regularly scheduled worship planning meetings.
- Incorporates a variety of music styles into worship.
- Works well with all ages of volunteers in a team setting.
- Encourages involvement of new musicians and singers.
- Introduces new music to the congregation.
- Maintains music equipment.
- Reports to the senior pastor.
- Provides budget information as required.
Skills and Qualifications
- Demonstrates personal faith in Jesus Christ and mature Christian character
(Phil. 2: 3-4).
- Invests in the spiritual growth and development of future worship leaders.
- Relates well to a multigenerational and increasingly diverse congregation.
- Brings joy to worship.
- Displays positive and collaborative qualities.
- Exhibits discretion, confidentiality, humility and respect.
- Is organized, professional, and relationally-minded.
- Is committed to the mission, vision and values of the Evangelical Covenant Church.
Education and Experience
- Possesses a Bachelor’s degree in music/worship or equivalent training/experience.
- Demonstrates skills in at least one instrument (preferably keyboard, piano, organ or guitar) and is proficient to lead simultaneously with vocals.
- A plus: has knowledge of various A/V tools (e.g. sound board, Pro-Presenter, etc.)
Salary is based on education, experience, and qualifications.
Candidates should be prepared to successfully complete a pre-employment background check prior to beginning employment.
Please submit cover letter, resume, contact information for three references, your ministry profile, and a recent video/audio/URL of you leading worship to Marie Fletcher at firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions, please contact Marie Fletcher at 413-626-6450.
Your ministry profile may include a description of your abilities and passions for other areas of ministry in the church in addition to worship leading.