ECC SpringfieldJob Openings
Music Ministries Leader (Full Time)
Welcome to ECC Springfield! We are blessed that you’ve taken time to learn more about us. At ECC Springfield there are meaningful rewards and challenges for a new Music Ministries Leader. Our body of believers supports ministry for all ages and levels of spiritual growth. God has blessed this church with musicians and worship opportunities spanning a wide array of musical styles.
Who are we? Our congregation of approximately 200 on Sunday mornings has a rich history of serving the Lord and sharing the love of Jesus with our community for 130 years. ECC is a multigenerational, increasingly diverse congregation that desires to study God’s Word, walk closer with him, and engage in joyful, infectious worship!
ECC Springfield is at an amazing place in its life. Having recently undergone changes in the staff of our music ministry, we await a new leader who has a heart for God and loves to make music creatively and collaboratively. We’re excited to embrace contemporary worship while retaining our heritage of singing “Psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs” (Eph. 5: 14). We desire to grow together in the love of Jesus, glorifying Him in passionate worship while inviting others in our community to join us.
Peace and Blessings in Jesus,
The Evangelical Covenant Church of Springfield, MA
The Worship and Media Ministries Leader is a full-time position responsible for the organization and oversight of the worship ministry and media technology needs of ECC, Springfield, MA.
Commensurate with education and experience
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field of music is strongly preferred but not required;
- Work experience in a church-based music ministry, utilizing volunteers is required;
- Experience and/or education in media technology is required;
- Work experience leading a diverse, multiethnic, multigenerational congregation supporting a wide range of musical gifts (contemporary worship music, traditional music, special music) and musicians;
- Demonstrate skills in at least one instrument (preferably keyboard, piano, organ or guitar) and is proficient to lead simultaneously with vocals.
Faith and Life
- A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ, a servant’s heart, and a vital growing personal relationship with Him;
- Called by God to lead worship through the local church;
- In agreement with the Core Values, statements of faith, Constitution, By-Laws and general vision of ECC;
- Possess a strong knowledge of Scripture;
- Willing to become a member of ECC;
- Candidates should be prepared to successfully complete a background check.
- Ability to seek out relevant music and worship resources and apply them appropriately to the context of corporate worship;
- Desire to serve alongside the Worship Planning Team in designing worship to focus the worshipper’s attention on a central theme or topic;
- Strong interpersonal skills and an enthusiastic presence in worship, encouraging a collaborative spirit to foster the growth of future worship leaders and musicians;
- Ability to incorporate various technologies in worship, to include sound, lighting, computer hardware, computer software, and video projection;
- Fluent in using modern media, to include social networking, podcasting, online web content management and design, graphic creation, video & audio editing, mobile apps, web apps;
- Ability to seek out relevant technology resources, develop new skills, and make connections between social media and Christian ministry;
- Possess a humble, receptive, and teachable spirit which allows for flexibility and growth.
Duties and Responsibilies
- Plan, organize, conduct, supervise, and evaluate the comprehensive music ministries, rehearsals, instrumentalists, and worship services;
- Invest in spiritual growth and development of the Worship Team;
- Organize appropriate music ministry in-reach and outreach activities;
- Coordinate weekly worship services with the Senior Pastor, Worship Planning Team, and staff and lead all music related aspects of all Sunday services along with other scheduled events and rehearsals;
- Maintain music library, materials, and supplies, and oversee maintenance of instruments;
- Assist in organizing age-appropriate music ministry, e.g. Youth Worship Band, Children’s Choir, etc.
- Develop and evaluate all aspects of technology and media that can be used to effectively communicate the mission and vision of ECC Springfield;
- Maintain and update equipment used in media ministry;
- Identify and train volunteers to serve in media ministry;
- Maintain the church web presence, to include:
1. Maintenance and update of the church website; 2. Generation of social media content on relevant platforms; 3. Creation, editing, and posting of sermon audio and video; 4. Recruiting and supervision of volunteers to aid in these responsibilities; 5. Work with the church staff to develop videos, graphics, and other media to be used as sermon illustrations, worship enhancements, and promotional tools.
- Submit an annual budget and calendar to the Leadership Team and Senior Pastor each year;
- Administer the approved budget and calendar upon approval;
- Attend weekly staff meetings.
Please submit your cover letter, resume, contact information for three references, and a recent video/audio/URL of you leading worship to Marie Fletcher at firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions, please contact Donna Lareau at 203-804-1974.
Candidates should be prepared to successfully complete a pre-employment background check prior to beginning employment.